UPCOMING FREE PARENT WORKSHOPS
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 17 11:00AM-12:00PM ECOFUNPLAY, VIENNA, VA
"More Peace, Less Tantrums!"
Do you want to feel more peace and connection with your child rather than tantrums, arguments, and frustration?
Young children's challenging behaviors can evoke strong feelings in any parent or caregiver. A key to helping little ones (and parents) get through these big feelings is to be responsive, rather than reactive in the moment. In this workshop we'll discuss:
- Why all children have tantrums (there's more to it than you think!)
- What's really going on for your child when they're acting 'out of control
- The role and development of self-regulation
- Steps for supporting children during a tantrum to make it less stressful for both you and your child
- Strategies to reduce the number of tantrums in your family